Opening an ASPX file

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Opening an ASPX file

Post by ChrisGreaves »

(Moderator: Correct Forum?)

I am browsing a press release service and found this page:
http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/November2010/11/c3569.html

Within the page is an orange link "The panel's Reasons for Decision were issued October 29, 2010".

I click on the link (and variously right-click, open, save etc.)
and am rewarded with an ASPX extension file that opens in NotePad.
The header of the file suggests that it should be a PDF file and hence readable by FoxIt reader 9which is working fine on my machine)

I'd appreciate any hints as to what I am doing "wrong", i.e. should be using Adobe, should upgrade to office 2010, should upgrade Firefox from 3.6.9 etc.
I might add that a few other pages of press release from this site for this company show identical behaviour.
1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Re: Opening an ASPX file

Post by Don Wells »

Hi Chris
It opens correctly on my machine using Firefox 3.6.12. I suggest that you look here.
Regards
Don

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Opening an ASPX file

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Don Wells wrote:It opens correctly on my machine using Firefox 3.6.12.
Thanks, Don, for this confirmation. If the link opens on anotjher Lounger's machine that pretty well assures me that the problem is at my end.
Don Wells wrote:I suggest that you look here.
And thanks for this too. It is one of those pay-to-fix-em-all or fix-15-for-free sites.
2.JPG
With over 200 registry errors it appears that I am lucky to be able to reboot this morning!

I didn't pay the money, yet, but here's my plan:

I will uninstall Foxit, recheck the registry, then uninstall Firefox, recheck the registry, reinstall Firfeox 3.6.9, recheck the registry, then reinstall Foxit.
That should provide some data for fodder for future readers!

If that works, we've won, but if not I'll upgrade to Firefox 3.6.12 and try again.

Thanks again, Don. I like nothing better than a statistical experiment on a Friday afternoon (grin!)
Ooops. I mean :grin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle