HTML Templates for eMail

BobH
UraniumLounger

HTML Templates for eMail

Post by BobH »

Unsure if this is the correct place for this, but because email is arguably a "web" activity (although not, strictly speaking, a web page) I chose to post it here. I'm sure the mods will move it if it's inappropriately placed.

I want to develop a template for occasional writings that I share with a group of friends and via e-mail. I believe that a template will improve readability and attention - in the same manner that periodicals and publishers punch up layout to improve appeal.

Can anyone suggest good resources for reading about this discipline? I've found a number of templates that I could use as boilerplate but nothing that discusses the how's and wherefore's to my satisfaction. Although I'm not especially adept, I have some familiarity with HTML and CSS and their use of tables for layout control. That is the approach I understand is most successful with e-mail templates.

Would appreciate suggestions, direction, resources, tips . . .

TIA
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: HTML Templates for eMail

Post by HansV »

See this tutorial: How to Code HTML Email Newsletters; it has links to some sites with free email templates.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Hans!

Is it still raining?
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

BobH wrote:Is it still raining?
Yesterday was warm (relatively speaking) and sunny, today more clouds, but not too bad.
Best wishes,
Hans