Converting Access Reports to ASP.net

kwvh
3StarLounger

Converting Access Reports to ASP.net

Post by kwvh »

I have a legacy program that transitioned from Access back-end to SQL Server back-end few years ago. Then two years ago we added an ASP.net page for data entry, but continued to use the Access front end for reporting and occasional updating of records.

Now the goal is to convert the Access Reports into something viewable/runnable in their browser/(ASP.net).

Does anyone have any recommendations for the best approach to converting the Access reports to the Web? Is Crystal Reports something to consider? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Re: Converting Access Reports to ASP.net

Post by HansV »

Crystal Reports is certainly worth a look - it supports ASP.Net. See for example Crystal Reports in ASP.NET. But I'm sure there are other solutions - I hope that Loungers with experience in this subject will share their ideas.
Best wishes,
Hans

kwvh
3StarLounger

Re: Converting Access Reports to ASP.net

Post by kwvh »

Hans,

Thanks. Crystal Reports looks like a comprehensive tool. Several years ago I used it to create some reports, and from what I recall, it was a lot like building a report in Access. But with all the changes and improvements in technology, I suspect I will have a substantial learning curve. LOL

Thanks!

Ken