Jerkiness in IE9 slide transition

kenrav
NewLounger

Jerkiness in IE9 slide transition

Post by kenrav »

I have a slide show on the Home page of my web site: http://www.dmedatasolutions.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. The slides transition fine (every 10 seconds) when viewed using Chrome or Safari. However, there's a bit of a jerkiness while transitioning when using IE9. I didn't have this problem with IE8. Any ideas? Thanks.

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Re: Jerkiness in IE9 slide transition

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

It looks like IE9 displays the next image briefly, then jumps back and shows the transition. Apart from that, the display looks OK.

If you don't get a helpful reply in this forum within the next couple of days, I'll move this thread to the Web Development forum, to see if you get a response there.
Best wishes,
Hans

kenrav
NewLounger

Post by kenrav »

Yes, that is my exact problem. It works fine via Safari and Chrome, but not IE9. I'm thinking you might want to move it to the Web Development forum sooner than later. In retrospect, I should have posted it there. Thanks.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

OK, I've moved the post to the Web Development forum.
Best wishes,
Hans

MalcolmWalker
3StarLounger

Post by MalcolmWalker »

kenrav wrote:I have a slide show on the Home page of my web site: http://www.dmedatasolutions.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. The slides transition fine (every 10 seconds) when viewed using Chrome or Safari. However, there's a bit of a jerkiness while transitioning when using IE9. I didn't have this problem with IE8. Any ideas? Thanks. Ken
The slide transition also appears good in Firefox 15.

The HTML for the site is almost 100% error free but checking the CSS in the W3C CSS Validator there are errors and warnings. Three of the errors are related to the slidewrapper.contentdiv. Whether this has any relation to the jerkiness seen in IE9 I do not know. However, it might be worth making the suggested changes if the problem were to go away.

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/vali ... g=&lang=en

kenrav
NewLounger

Post by kenrav »

Malcolm,

Thanks very much for doing this (and also for checking Firefox.) You've given me something to investigate.

Ken

kenrav
NewLounger

Post by kenrav »

Great news everyone! I had someone replace the jscript and problem solved!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Good to hear that - thanks for the update!
Best wishes,
Hans