Microsoft Windows 7 Back Up

RonH
SilverLounger

Microsoft Windows 7 Back Up

Post by RonH »

Apart from using the free Macrium Reflect roughly every 3 months, I do a monthly back up of all files and system image with the inbuilt Windows 7 back up ... all of this data is saved onto my ext HD.
Ext HD is getting rather full and I do not need all the monthly Windows 7 (internal) back ups but I am not sure if all of these files relate ... if so I will delete 'all' and do a completely fresh back up. Do the files below all relate to MS Windows 7 Back Up and if so can they be deleted :scratch:
Windows 7 Back Up.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

aekyall
4StarLounger

Re: Microsoft Windows 7 Back Up

Post by aekyall »

Ron,
Have a look at what the Window's help file has to say on the subject - looks like it will automatically delete old backups once 30% of your disc has been utilise so, theoretically, using Windows 7 backup should never use more than 30% of your external hard drive. Assume you've had a look at the 'manage space' option?
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Keith

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Microsoft Windows 7 Back Up

Post by RonH »

Thanks Keith for your guidence ... I should have first looked at the 'Help' menu before posting.
Apologies :cheers:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.