MSE's Log

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

MSE's Log

Post by Bigaldoc »

I was almost sure I found it after running my full scan some time ago, but I cannot any longer and can't find an answer with Google.

Does anyone know what file MSE keeps its "findings" in, please? I just convinced my son to switch and I'd like to ask him to send me his log rather than try to determine what his scan results were. He knows nothing about it when he tries reading things to me over the phone. (He lives in another town now.)

HansV
Administrator

Re: MSE's Log

Post by HansV »

On my Windows 7 PC, there are several log files in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Support, but they don't look too useful...
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

In XP the MSE files are all in the User Documents, All User folders but the only ones I see are binary and unreadable.

Maybe I'm dreaming but I swear I made a text file out of the finds and it had a lot of lines, which I trimmed down to only the names of the items that it found. Like a jerk I didn't make a note of how I did it.

Oh well...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Here is a screenshot of the folder I mentioned - most files are binary (.bin), but as you see there are some text files. The one at the top is the most recent one, updated today (in spite of the file name), and it is 18 MB in size.
x742.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans