Shadowprotect 4.1.0 is released

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Shadowprotect 4.1.0 is released

Post by John Gray »

This post left entirely blank for BobArch2 to weave his usual magic information!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Re: Shadowprotect 4.1.0 is released

Post by PaulB »

Thanks, John.

Do you use your Seagate 2TB external HDD for ShadowProtect backups? Are you satisfied with the performance of this disk? Ever since I've started using the Seagate for backups I've experienced quite a few backup failures but none with the WDs. Just wondering...
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Ask and ye shall receive :smile:

ShadowProtect v4.1.0 Released

Click here to get the v4.1.0 Desktop Installer. If running version 3.x or 4.0, no need to uninstall old version. Bear in mind that if you do wish to uninstall the old version, then deactivate BEFORE uninstalling. You can then reactivate after the update. If you uninstall before deactivating, your new install will be considered a trial version and you will not be allowed to enter your serial number without contacting the Support Group.

Click here to get the ISO Recovery image. You will need a valid serial number to gain access to the download. The ISO download is really the Download Manager. Suggest you download the DLM, save to your desktop and then run it. The full size ISO is a zipped file >357MB.

Please note: going to the above links and downloading does NOT impact your download "count". If you sign into your account and use the links in that area, your count(s) will be reduced.

There is a ReadMe.RTF file included in the ISO Documentation folder that shows what changes were included. I have converted the ReadMe.RTF file to PDF format and have attached it to this message.
README.pdf
The User Guide can be found in the ISO Documentation folder. Or, go to the first link above, open up the Desktop menu and select the User guide.

Shout if you have any questions or concerns.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Bob

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Sheesh, you're fast! I was gonna post that your software and ISO links from the last version work fine, but you beat me to it. The ISO download took quite some time to D/L probably from server load.

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

The previous version, 4.0.5 ISO file, had the Image Manager included. This time around, for 4.1.0, the Image Manager is a separate download.

So the first link in my previous message above will also give you access to the Image Manager. I should have known when I saw that the new 4.1.0 ISO file is quite smaller than the previous.
Regards,
Bob

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Bigaldoc wrote:Sheesh, you're fast!...
Cut-n-paste eases the typing! :laugh:
Regards,
Bob

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

PaulB wrote:Thanks, John.

Do you use your Seagate 2TB external HDD for ShadowProtect backups? Are you satisfied with the performance of this disk? Ever since I've started using the Seagate for backups I've experienced quite a few backup failures but none with the WDs. Just wondering...
Just jumping in here. Last weekend we had supper with the eldest son. He asked me what HDD I use... all WDC. He was a wee bit peeved with his environment as he reported that he has had 5 Seagates go completely belly-up over the last few months. They are still on warranty but he was reluctant to send them back to Seagate because of all the businesss data contained on the HDs. He said it would be less onerous to just take a sledge hammer to them! :evilgrin:
Regards,
Bob

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

BobArch2 wrote:...it would be less onerous to just take a sledge hammer to them! :evilgrin:
Now there's a thought!

Thanks for explaining why the Recovery Environment ISO is about 190 MB smaller than the previous one.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Thanks, Bob - your usual sterling performance!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Wow! I haven't installed this one yet, but I was browsing through their demo video and I see some screens in there that I've never seen before. Gonna be an interesting install and I always get a little nervous just prior to a new install. Things are going so well that I don't want to mess up a good thing... :blush:

Windows backup, disaster recovery and drive image software

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Bigaldoc wrote:Wow! I haven't installed this one yet, but I was browsing through their demo video and I see some screens in there that I've never seen before...
Fear not Al, the demo video is related to the server version... not the desktop version we are running. Hmmmm, I am assuming you are not running in a server environment! :grin: If so, IBM retirement packages must be GOOD! :cheers:
Regards,
Bob

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Thanks Bob. No, no server for me.