Unmounting an image

jmt356
SilverLounger

Unmounting an image

Post by jmt356 »

When I was unmounting my image, Acronis failed and stopped responding so I forced a shutdown. It just couldn't unmount the G drive even after 2 more tries.

Now there is a new backup in my external hard drive that is 300 MB big named MyBackup3. It is shown as having been created 15 minutes ago, approxmiately when I was trying to unmount my image. Can this be some kind of file created while trying to mount my image? I scheduled no incremental backups. Can it be safely deleted?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Unmounting an image

Post by HansV »

jmt356 wrote:Can this be some kind of file created while trying to mount my image?
That certainly seems the most likely explanation.
jmt356 wrote:Can it be safely deleted?
I'd rename the file and wait a day or two. If you don't get programs asking for MyBackup3, it should be safe to delete it.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobL
StarLounger

Post by BobL »

jmt356 wrote:Now there is a new backup in my external hard drive that is 300 MB big named MyBackup3.
Was this at the same time you did the mount w/read and write as mentioned in your other post below? If so, that 300 mb file could have been your written incremental file? And it would have taken a bit of time to write..
BobL
The Other Bob from Maine

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

The backups are on an external drive, do I don't see why any of my programs would ask for them. As for the "written incremental file," I'm not sure what that means, but I certainly didnt' change anything in the image when I mounted it. In fact, i didn't even enter the folder i needed because permissions were denied.
Regards,

JMT