CCleaner has moved its domain

HansV
Administrator

Re: CCleaner has moved its domain

Post by HansV »

Go to Edit display options in your user control panel.

Make sure that 'Display topics from previous days' is set to 'All Topics', and that 'Display posts from previous days' is set to 'All Posts', then click Submit.
S2286.png
If you have set those to a limited time, you won't be able to view older posts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Today's issue of "How To Geeks" has two articles that are really anti-CCleaner, claiming malware, info collecting and settings that re-enable themselves. I have not experienced any of this in CCleaner but you can read for yourselves.

Don't use CCleaner
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

So How to Geek basically recommends to use the Disk Cleanup tool built into Windows.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks for the education, Hans! My old brain doesn't wrap around things as quickly as it did when younger. :cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

All three links work for me too.

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

BobH had probably set the Lounge to display only posts from the last year...
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

^^^
As ever Hans is correct!

I have no idea when or how I changed the settings but it's fixed now.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Version 5.45 has been pulled and replaced with the previous build, 5.44 from June of this year. If you installed 5.45 you may want to revert.

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Best wishes,
Hans

Rebel
4StarLounger
Location: Recently moved to Bracebridge - in the heart of Muskoka.

Post by Rebel »

I imagine that it would be almost impossible to discover, but it would be interesting to know how many users uninstalled CCleaner ver. 5.45 following the revelation of Avast's "tracking" debacle, and how many of these users won't trust Avast to provide "trustworthy" versions of the software in the future. :flee:
John :canada:
A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

As I've mentioned above, and earlier, I have been slow with CCleaner updates. Since I've been using the "slim" versions, this was many times caused by their cadence; new version, wait a couple of days/weeks for the slim version to be released, oh a new version, and yet no slim version etc. Or I at times simply didn't care since too much to do.

I can't remember exactly now, but when I had downloaded the slim version of CCleaner 5.43 at the end of May, not so long after it had been released, (Update: CCleaner v5.43 released) I noticed some small changes but didn't post at the time since being very minor.

I usually go over all relevant settings, since I only use a couple of them. I now find that I took a screenshot at the time, had forgot about that one. For the first time they had added some rules for cookies to keep. (Not that it matters if you have disabled cookies by default and only accept those that are whitelisted, or if you clean the cache every time you close the browser.)
CCleaner_2018-05.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.