ESET Smart Security is going the way of the Dodo bird

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

ESET Smart Security is going the way of the Dodo bird

Post by BobArch2 »

ESET Smart Security (ESS) has been replaced by ESET Internet Security (EIS). The two products are essentially the same but EIS has a few more features.

It was announced by ESET earlier this week that all ESS users can upgrade to EIS free of charge, assuming users have current licenses.

I was running ESS (v10), downloaded the EIS (v11) and perform an install over the ESS (v10) product. The install worked flawlessly.

ESS will receive daily virus definition updates only and no engine updates are planned. Buying or renewing a license for ESS is no longer possible. The product will be dropped completely within a month or two.

ESET have also introduced a new feature called License Manager where the end user can access their license information. I found that after performing the upgrade that my subscription to 2 licenses were showing that I had 4 installations. 3 for my PC and 1 for my wife's. The License Manager allows for "unsubscribing" an installation. I deleted 2 of the installations and all went fine. Until I updated by wife's PC the next day. Went back into License Manager which showed 3 installations and I removed her oldest assignment.
Regards,
Bob