More Mysterious Faux Warnings from Windows about Security

BobH
UraniumLounger

More Mysterious Faux Warnings from Windows about Security

Post by BobH »

I'm experiencing a problem similar to that reported by Dave Davison but with different actors playing the parts. When I boot my desktop, I get a pop-up saying no virus protection found; but I run MSE at Start-Up.

Note that the Firewall Security shield shows red and this is the icon to which the pop up balloon attaches. You will see that at the same time the MSE icon appears green with a check mark indicating that it is functioning and up to date.

Could this be an issue with Windows (XP-SP3, in my case) sequence of operations and the order in which the checks are made for Firewall and antivirus? Does this occur in Win 7?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: More Mysterious Faux Warnings from Windows about Securit

Post by HansV »

I've never had this problem (yet) in Windows 7. Does the problem go away after a minute or two?
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I also run XP SP-3 and have not had this problem. I do believe what's been said about the order that stuff loads/initializes. Sometimes on boot it takes a little more time for my MSE tray icon to turn green but not all the time. I've not however had an popups of any warning nature.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Is does not go away. The Shield icon stays read but the MSE icon stays green with the white check mark. It's as if the Security Center (shield icon) doesn't know about the MSE (green icon) but when I check the MSE by opening it, it says that it is up to date and active.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs