Macrium Reflect Updates

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Macrium Reflect Updates

Post by Bigaldoc »

I use their free software to backup my laptop once a month, which I did yesterday. They're almost as frequent as CCLEANER on their updates! It seems like every time I run the software it tells me there's a newer version. It's only a pain in that every time you install a new version you have to burn yet another "rescue" CD.

Worse yet, I can't find anything in the updates OR on their web pages to tell me what the content of the release is - is it important enough that I need to bother with it?

If anyone knows where their "release notes" are, if they have some, please post it. Thanks...

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: Macrium Reflect Updates

Post by viking33 »

Bigaldoc wrote:I use their free software to backup my laptop once a month, which I did yesterday. They're almost as frequent as CCLEANER on their updates! It seems like every time I run the software it tells me there's a newer version. It's only a pain in that every time you install a new version you have to burn yet another "rescue" CD.

Worse yet, I can't find anything in the updates OR on their web pages to tell me what the content of the release is - is it important enough that I need to bother with it?

If anyone knows where their "release notes" are, if they have some, please post it. Thanks...
I thought you used Shadow Protect these days?
Macrium isn't backward compatible at all?
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

You're correct, Bob. I DO use Shadow Protect on my desktop machine to backup the XP, Vista and Win7 partitions.

When I got the laptop in November, I didn't want to pay for another license to SP so I tried Macrium Reflect. Frankly, if I didn't already have a license for SP, I'd buy the Pro version of Macrium - it's works well and I've done full restores with it, not only to my laptop but to that of a friend I helped last summer.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Bigaldoc wrote:You're correct, Bob. I DO use Shadow Protect on my desktop machine to backup the XP, Vista and Win7 partitions.

When I got the laptop in November, I didn't want to pay for another license to SP so I tried Macrium Reflect. Frankly, if I didn't already have a license for SP, I'd buy the Pro version of Macrium - it's works well and I've done full restores with it, not only to my laptop but to that of a friend I helped last summer.
How about it's backward compatibility? ( Macrium )
I don't know about SP but TI doesn't require a new restore disk every time they release an update within the version year.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.