ThunderBird 10.0

viking33
PlatinumLounger

ThunderBird 10.0

Post by viking33 »

THUNDERBIRD 10.0 also now available.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: ThunderBird 10.0

Post by Bigaldoc »

I'm sure that by now TB users are aware that 10.0.1 has also been released.

I haven't had any trouble with either of the new releases. But, I heard from my son that he's having trouble with both 10.0 and 10.0.1 in attaching things to an email.

He says he gets an "attachment error" and TB won't send the message OR save it as a draft. Now, you know how "kids" are and over the phone explanations. I've offered to come over and check, but we haven't worked that out yet since he works night shift. He also says that "others are having the same problem," but I don't know who "others" are yet. I did take a quick peek at Mozillazine forum and didn't see anything yet, but it takes a lot of digging over there.

Just a heads up, in case ...

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Bigaldoc wrote:I'm sure that by now TB users are aware that 10.0.1 has also been released.

I haven't had any trouble with either of the new releases. But, I heard from my son that he's having trouble with both 10.0 and 10.0.1 in attaching things to an email.

He says he gets an "attachment error" and TB won't send the message OR save it as a draft. Now, you know how "kids" are and over the phone explanations. I've offered to come over and check, but we haven't worked that out yet since he works night shift. He also says that "others are having the same problem," but I don't know who "others" are yet. I did take a quick peek at Mozillazine forum and didn't see anything yet, but it takes a lot of digging over there.

Just a heads up, in case ...
I haven't had any problem with TB 10.0.1. In fact, I just sent a few emails last night that had attachments and they went out with no problems.
BOB

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Thanks Bob. Me neither. As a matter of fact, I sent an email to my son from 10.0.1 with an attachment of the 10.0 TB file and I didn't have any trouble AND he got the huge file OK.

I need to talk with him some more about this. I am wondering if it's messages from a listserv that he subscribes to which is one example he gave me of trying to forward to someone with an attachment.

I think I've got a greenhorn kid on my hands here. Not the first problem for me with any of the TB (or Fx) releases.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

This morning I've gotten popup notifications from both Firefox and Thunderbird that a "security" update is available in version 10.0.2

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Bigaldoc wrote:This morning I've gotten popup notifications from both Firefox and Thunderbird that a "security" update is available in version 10.0.2
Got them both today. Updated and applied in a few seconds, AOK.
BOB