Format Painting in Thunderbird

BobH
UraniumLounger

Format Painting in Thunderbird

Post by BobH »

If there is a capability to do this in Thunderbird, I can't find it and would appreciate having my nose rubbed in it if it's there.

By 'format painting,' I mean the sort of thing one can do in word to apply formatting from one text group to another. The feature is activated by selecting the first group of text with the formatting attributes you wish to apply, then clicking the little paintbrush icon, then selecting ('painting') the second group of text. I offer this explanation only because the folks that read the Thunderbird bug reports seemed puzzled by both my request and my explanation. Even after telling them that the function could be observed in Word and how to do it, they seemed not to understand.

So, perhaps, the problem is me and not Thunderbird. If that be the case, I'm prepared to be 'solved.'

TIA
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Format Painting in Thunderbird

Post by HansV »

The question has been asked several times in the Mozillazine forums and elsewhere, and the results are (a) this feature is not available in Thunderbird, and (b) there is no add-in that provides it (yet).
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Format Painting in Thunderbird

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Hans.

That was what I was told there, too; but it was also suggested that I file it as a bug report (which is also the way they gather enhancement suggestions). What made me wonder if I had understood correctly was a response from the bug report moderator. Perhaps there was a language gap, but I was asked if what I suggested was the ability to change the background color. When I clarified my report, I received the message that the feature already existed. I was checking here because I knew I'd get a definitive answer.

Thanks, again!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs