Thunderbird for pack-rats.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Thunderbird for pack-rats.

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am a bit of a pack-rat. Especially when it comes to mail. Three-point-six gigabytes of mail, as it turns out. You never know when you might want to re-establish contact with Wossname, right?
My laptop has a HDD, and when AllMail is in 732 fragments, Thunderbird takes a while to load, even after I have File, Compacted folders.
Untitled.png
I have in mind that it might be neat to start a fresh AllMail (and possibly others) folder each year, as long as on those rare but essential occasions when I am hunting Wossname, I can make Thunderbird locate a message while I pour myself a fresh coffee.
Untitled2.png
As well I have managed to create a few duplicate folders somehow. I would appreciate any advice on how to set about ridding myself of any superfluous data, as well as general advice on what these various folders mean.
Thanks in advance, Chris
PS I add that I would not be averse to setting up a new set of folders for my only account (GMail) and leaving the existing structure in place, making the new folder comprehensible to me. C.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle