Why Bellsouth.net Emails Go to my Hotmail Spam

CraigS26
2StarLounger

Why Bellsouth.net Emails Go to my Hotmail Spam

Post by CraigS26 »

After years of Not This .... Too many of my wif'e -( AT&T) at bellsouth.net (mail.yahoo.com) - emails Addressed to HER are being routed to my Hotmail Spam folder. Yahoo is the engine for AT&T Mail and AT&T Home Pg shows - https:/currently.att.yahoo.com -- and Mail and all folders are via this page's Links.

There is no Rule, LINK, Filter created Recently BY ME to have purposely caused this. Banks, Healthcare, known friends, etc are wrongly routed. I find Nothing in either Mail Acct Settings to Hint at this.

I have a rarely used Bellsouth.net mail acct in Win 10 Mail and while attempting to FIX a Win 10 - Acct Needs Attention - ! popup I had to Login to OK Authorizations. Something Went Wrong is always the result BUT ....THAT BLS.net Login verification email is IN MY HOTMAIL Spam Now.

Can anyone dream of a cause for this bizarre situation.
Win 10 Pro 22H2 | ESET EIS Prem | Mbam Prem | Diskeeper Pro '15 | Macrium Pd v8

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Why Bellsouth.net Emails Go to my Hotmail Spam

Post by stuck »

I have no idea but have you considered that the popup you got to 'login to OK 'was in fact not genuine but some sort of malware? Especially if it produced a 'something went wrong' response and now everything is weird.

It won't do any harm to run as many AV and anti-malware scans as you can then when you are confident you system is clean, ensure you browse to the the genuine email login page and then reset the password. It then probably wouldn't do any harm to run as many AV and anti-malware scans as you can again.

Ken

CraigS26
2StarLounger

Post by CraigS26 »

Thanks, Stuck. MY Bellsouth Signin page is Via MY WIN 10 Mail Module for the Bellsouth acct.
ESET EIS Prem, Mbam Prem, SuperAs Pro Scans are run multi-/week.
Her Bellsouth Mail Login Password was Just Re-Set very recently -- AND I can't prove the Actual Start Date of this Issue to correlate them.

HOW & WHERE would you intercept Emails to Her and Be Able to Re-Direct them Specifically ... to my Hotmail Spam.
Other emails DO get through to her ..... but Banks, Healthcare, etc. being re-routed make no sense.
It's like Monday everything fine ; Tuesday Bizarre begins with no known action by us to contribute at all.
I just can't rationalize the connection.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

As I said, I have no idea, sorry.

Ken

CraigS26
2StarLounger

Post by CraigS26 »

A Partial Fix.... In her online Profile module I found a line with her ID (mail address) Marked - UN-Verified -. When Verified I sent a Test Msg and a Church email both populated Her Inbox.
Problem remained that WHEN I just "opened" my Outlook-like (installed) Mail App, All of the Tests and normal emails Just Recvd in her Inbox MOVED Back to Hotmail Spam. I Deleted her Acct from the App to stop further Re-routing when App opened, and cannot imagine a cause for all of this.

CraigS26
2StarLounger

Post by CraigS26 »

Just an FYI Solution that only muddies the water .... THIS -- All mail to Hotmail Spam -- issue returned in late May with -- BOTH wife's bellsouth.net mail AND MY Hotmail mail -- going to Hotmail Spam. I previously Deleted her mail Acct FROM EPIM app and re-installed recently WHEN another MS mail problem was fixed - and things worked for awhile til Late May.
I saw this problem in Online Hotmail and in my EPIM Mail app - (Logically) No new wife emails showed in -- bellsouth.net -- when logged in.....

I had Only 2 Rules setup - Both for bellsouth.net - IF ___ is in FROM, Send to Spam.
Online Hotmail Rules were ALL DISABLED with no Junk Mail rules seen.
SOMETHING made me Delete those 2 Rules in EPIM app and Poof - problem Disappeared and all mail populated Correct Accounts - except for actual Spam that went to Spam.
EPIM admin Never found a connection with their App.
Makes No Sense WHY this Deletion mattered but an FYI to Chk Rules should similar occur with you.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Glad you finally found a solution.
Best wishes,
Hans