Thunderbird address line (to)

aekyall
4StarLounger

Thunderbird address line (to)

Post by aekyall »

Since latest update to Thunderbird (78.4.0 - Release Update Channel), I seem to have lost the ability to put more than one addressee in the 'TO' field. I can add :cc and :bc, but not more than one 'to'. I've tried ; and : and , following an address to try and put another addressee on the same line - No go!. I've been through all the Thunderbird options I can find, to no avail. I'm clearly missing something obvious! Could someone kindly point me in the right direction please? Thanks you!

Screenshot 2020-11-04 155739.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Keith

HansV
Administrator

Re: Thunderbird address line (to)

Post by HansV »

What happens if you use comma as separator? Or if you press Enter after a recipient?
Best wishes,
Hans

aekyall
4StarLounger

Re: Thunderbird address line (to)

Post by aekyall »

Doh! I had already tried using comma and it didn't work - I just tried comma again and - it did work this time! Initially, when I typed comma and then starting to enter a name from address book, it just highlighted it in 'red' and that was it - but this time, after a pause, it provided name options and accepted entries! I then experimented and immediately following the first 'to' address I entered another, without any comma or space - and it worked! I think the key is not to enter any spaces, with or without the comma. Old and/or senile seem to spring to mind as adjectives to my name! Appreciated.
Regards,
Keith