Disappearing Mail

CraigS26
2StarLounger

Disappearing Mail

Post by CraigS26 »

My mail address is -- Me @Hotmail.com -- Login is --- https: //login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsign + 30+ more characters -----
AND the Result is ---- https: //outlook.live.com/mail/inbox ----

First, Do I say I have Outlook mail OR (technically) LIVE mail - AND - .... my Inbox Mail is Disappearing after ? days and I can't find WHERE to affect the "Retain in Server" setting IF THAT is the issue.
I actually use the Paid App -- EssentialPIM --- and in my EPIM Hotmail folder Server settings I have "Leave Mail Copy on Server" Chk'd and Remove after x Days UN-chk'd - BUT THAT doesn't affect the Emails vanishing.

Anyone know where a similar Server Setting like the EPIM one is to affect this?
Win 10 Pro 22H2 | ESET EIS Prem | Mbam Prem | Diskeeper Pro '15 | Macrium Pd v8

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Disappearing Mail

Post by JoeP »

Microsoft says that outlook.com, hotmail.com, live.com, & msn.com all use the same service now and it is Outlook mail.

Do you only access the email account on one PC?
Joe

CraigS26
2StarLounger

Post by CraigS26 »

JoeP wrote:Microsoft says that outlook.com, hotmail.com, live.com, & msn.com all use the same service now and it is Outlook mail.

Do you only access the email account on one PC?
Thanks. One desktop via EPIM app mostly BUT occasionally via URL login to see wrongly labeled Junk entries that I don't see in EPIM --- and 1 Android phone.

All of Hotmail via -- https: //outlook.live.com/mail -- may be immune to individual Server Settings changes [ (ie) Leave mail copies on server X days ] --but until the vanishing act I've never had to think about it.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Are you nearing the maximum size for your inbox?

BTW, is this POP or IMAP access?
Joe

CraigS26
2StarLounger

Post by CraigS26 »

My Hotmail acct in EPIM was setup by me as POP3 (database incl Saved Emails is 209 MB today/ backup is 182 MB) / for AT&T mail in EPIM I changed to IMAP / ....... Unaware of a Limit #.

Email expertise is weak. I think it's true and I never knew that IF I Delete something from my wife's (then) AT&T IMAP acct in EPIM I delete it from her phone, too., but Not so IF POP3. She's POP3 now in EPIM.

I'll monitor things and take notes as I create some test emails and see what happens. This mystery can take us in circles AND I was really interested IF a Retain on Server X Days Settings module existed in Outlook via online login. can't see one.

Thanks for the follow-up, Joe.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Moved to the Other E-mail Clients forum.
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Do you have any rules or sweep rules setup?
Joe