AOL blocking some emails

uncle
3StarLounger

AOL blocking some emails

Post by uncle »

For last few days, I have not been receiving all emails. Sometimes the sender gets noticed it has been bounced, sometimes no way of knowing. Have Gmail set to send mailed sent to Gmail to be forwarded to AOL. Sometimes this works, sometimes not.

The mail doesn't go into spam. Just neve received. Anyone having this problem ? Is there a fix? Thank you

HansV
Administrator

Re: AOL blocking some emails

Post by HansV »

AOL classifies e-mail as spam at the drop of a hat; this is done on their servers so the mail never reaches you. I guess the only things you can do are (1) complain to AOL, or (2) avoid AOL for mail.
We regularly get a message that Eileen's Lounge digest has been bounced as spam by AOL...
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Hi uncle,
check your AOL Spam settings. This is mine:-
RR.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Post by Doc.AElstein »

uncle wrote:.... Anyone having this problem ?
Yes.

Thanks for bringing this up.
Around the middle of October 2017 Emails I sent to me from someone in Germany with a aol.com address suddenly stopped coming on to him.
He was sure he did not have them not even in his Spam Folder.

I was using my German Telekom Freemail t-online.de address to send him stuff. He also noted that E-Mails from his Mother’s German Telekom Freemail t-online.de address were not coming on to him.

We thought we had narrowed it down to that AOL had a problem with German Telekom. I went over to using my gmal.com address and all was well. Or so we thought.

Some time around the beginning of December, 2017 a few Emails from my gmail sdresse did not come on to him. Once again he was sure he did not have them anywhere.
I know nothing about these things, but he seems a bit informed with computer stuff. He had a aol account since 1998, and was of the opinion that it was fine until it belonged to a “Orta „
He has stopped using his aol account now.

When we first started having the problems, ( and we thought the issue was with German Telekom ) , I opened up a new FreeMail aol.de account. I have not had any issues with that. But I have not used it much and also do not have a great deal to do with E-mails, sending or receiving )

@ George
Thanks for that info, I will pass the link of this Thread, although from what Hans said it sounds like the problem is that they don't get as far as the reciprient...

Alan
Last edited by Doc.AElstein on 05 Jan 2018, 20:35, edited 2 times in total.
I am having difficulty logging in with this account just now.
You can find me at DocAElstein also

uncle
3StarLounger

Post by uncle »

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have AOL desktop, use webmail and don't have spam setting (unless Filter=Spam)

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Today, the weekly digest to one of our members with an AOL e-mail address was refused. Reason given: "Appears to be advance fee fraud (Nigerian 419)" :laugh:
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

We are getting problems with our email domain, which BT says "sends spam", although it is completely clean on all the blacklists. BT wants us to change our SPF record in some unspecified way, so, since our email domain is effectively managed by Microsoft as part of Office 365, I have passed the problem on to their techies...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...