Thunderbird 52.0 released

HansV
Administrator

Thunderbird 52.0 released

Post by HansV »

Mozilla has released version 52.0 of their email client Thunderbird on April 4, 2017.

See the Release Notes

From Thunderbird 52.0 System Requirements:
Note that Thunderbird 52 is the last release to support Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows 2008 and Windows Vista.
PS I currently still see version 45.8.0 on the download page.
Best wishes,
Hans

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Re: Thunderbird 52.0 released

Post by PaulB »

I installed it without any issues. A couple of nice new features, but why did they right justify the entries in the Mail Toolbar??? Since the dawn of Thunderbird's history, it has always been left justified. Bummer! This will wreak havoc with my muscle memory.
ToolBar.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Capture.GIF
Paul
My entries in v52.0's main toolbar have remained to the left! No idea why yours should be different :scratch:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Keith

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Many users report this problem. Suggested fix from TB 52 how to move toolbar back from right to left site? [sic]
Right click on toolbar and select Customize. Click on button "Restore Default Set" and order of icons is restored to original order. Problem solved.
Best wishes,
Hans

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Thanks, Hans. That fixed it. Great find. My muscle memory appreciates it. :cheers:
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.