Thunderbird 15

HansV
Administrator

Thunderbird 15

Post by HansV »

Although the official site still offers Thunderbird 14.0, third-party download sites already have the final version of Thunderbird 15.0. I assume that the Mozilla site will offer it within the next few hours too.
The main new feature is the more rounded Australis interface that also will be implemented in a future version of Firefox.
Best wishes,
Hans

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Re: Thunderbird 15

Post by jonwallace »

My thunderbird updated when I chose "Update" (surprise!!!). One gotcha was that while Lightning (the calendar addon) updated, the Google calendar provider didn't, and all my calendar events disappeared :groan: .

The answer was to go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... /versions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and download and install Version 0.16pre and everything's hunky-dory again. :fanfare:

Later:
When I upgraded my work PC this morning, the Google calendar provider didn't upgrade automagically, but running update on my addons picked up the new version 0.16 nicely.
Last edited by jonwallace on 29 Aug 2012, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks!
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

This new "Quick Filter" thingie is gonna take some leaning curve on my part !!!

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

In keeping with Mozilla's trend, Thunderbird 15.0.1 has been released.

Mozilla Thunderbird

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Bigaldoc wrote:This new "Quick Filter" thingie is gonna take some leaning curve on my part !!!
And I'm still having trouble KEEPING the Quick Filter Bar (toolbar) hidden.
See Quick Filter Tried disabling some add-ons and also looked into the about:config list but didn't spot anything that might pertain to this?
Annoying that it can't have this setting stick. :groan:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

jonwallace
5StarLounger

Post by jonwallace »

viking33 wrote: And I'm still having trouble KEEPING the Quick Filter Bar (toolbar) hidden.
See Quick Filter Tried disabling some add-ons and also looked into the about:config list but didn't spot anything that might pertain to this?
Bob, I can't remember if you're a CCleaner user, but if so, this thread on the CCleaner forum might shed a little light, especially the last post.

Even if it doesn't, then maybe the "session.json" in your profile is the culprit, it occurs to me (without trying it) that it might be possible to set TB the way you want it, close down, then copy the session.json somewhere safe and use a script to copy that preferred version back, then run Thunderbird. (if that makes any sense...)
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

jonwallace wrote:
viking33 wrote: And I'm still having trouble KEEPING the Quick Filter Bar (toolbar) hidden.
Bob, I can't remember if you're a CCleaner user, but if so, this thread on the CCleaner forum might shed a little light, especially the last post.

Even if it doesn't, then maybe the "session.json" in your profile is the culprit, it occurs to me (without trying it) that it might be possible to set TB the way you want it, close down, then copy the session.json somewhere safe and use a script to copy that preferred version back, then run Thunderbird. (if that makes any sense...)
John,
Yes, I DO use CCleaner, so I unticked the "session" option in ccleaner TB applications tab, set the Quick Filter Bar to disabled. Ran CCleaner again and then TB. It seems to have worked and kept the QFB disabled!!!!
Thanks a million for the tip. I'll keep my eye on TB just to make sure but it does now appear to be working properly. :thankyou: :thankyou:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

jonwallace
5StarLounger

Post by jonwallace »

Glad to be of service :grin:
John

― Teddie O. Rahube