Thunderbird Address Books

BobH
UraniumLounger

Thunderbird Address Books

Post by BobH »

Today is one of those where I seem to be the bug instead of the windshield/windscreen.

I want to make a mailing which is a subset of my complete address book. I want to be able to address emails (mostly forwarded jokes and such) to everyone on the list. Making a new mailing list was easy enough, but the instructions tell me that I must enter each entry. I am looking for a way to drag and drop entries from the main address book list into another without deleting them from the original book/list. Is this possible?
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Thunderbird Address Books

Post by Bigaldoc »

Sure, you can drag-n-drop more than one with the LEFT mouse button and it will NOT remove them from the address book AND will add them to the list. A short example here. I'm dragging from my Personal Address Book to the Test List.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Thunderbird Address Books

Post by BobH »

Howdy, Al!

Thanks for the response.

I'm running 14.0 but with a different theme. I don't know whether that is affecting me or not. In your screenshot, the address book is highlighted. I can see a similar display with the mailing list as a subset of the selected address book, but I cannot figure out how to select entries from the address book and drop them into the list. If I select the list, it displays but I get the melodic thunk if I try to drag anything into it.

Again, today I'm the bug . . . again!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Thunderbird Address Books - SUCCESS

Post by BobH »

OK. This time I'm the windshield!

If I open the address book, I can select names in it and drag it to the name of the mailing list displayed in the left-most column. I was trying to open the mailing list and drag names into it from the address book.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)