Repeating appointments

Sgte
2StarLounger

Repeating appointments

Post by Sgte »

1 Can anyone advise me if it is possible in Outlook to set up an appointment on a specific day of a week before another day please? An example: appointment is created on the 3rd Monday monthly, I want to create an repeating appointment on the Thursday before. Or indeed the day before too.

2 I have a series of appointments that run on the (say) second Thursday monthly from September to May. I can see how to limit the series to 9 occurrences, but is is possible for that series to be repeated again in subsequent years? Currently I create 9 individual repeating appointment.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Repeating appointments

Post by StuartR »

I think your only choices are to configure these manually, as you have been doing, or to write some code to create the appointments for you.

For your 1st issue, have you considered creating the appointment on the 3rd Monday of the month with a reminder set to trigger 4 days earlier. Depending on what you need this might work, but it won't show your availability correctly in the diary.
StuartR

Sgte
2StarLounger

Post by Sgte »

Hi Stuart,
Thanks for your reply. It is what I have suspected; the option for the reminder 4 days earlier is not acceptable as there has to be an event showing in the diary. I just hate having to create individual events so often.

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Personally I have no idea if this would work, but would it be easier/practical to create a quick spreadsheet of 'appointments', save as a .csv file, and import that into your calendar?
Leif

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

About 2: as with 1, Outlook doesn't really cater for this. You can either create 9 recurring appointments (one for each of the months from September to May), or create a recurring appointment for the second Thursday of each month, then manually delete the occurrences for June through August of each year...
Best wishes,
Hans