HTML messages & windows

Sgte
2StarLounger

HTML messages & windows

Post by Sgte »

I'm running Outlook 2003. Until a few minutes ago all was running OK. Now, Outlook messages - upon be clicked on start an annoying message "web browser Unable to download" On clicking Cancel another browser window(s) open. Can anybody point me in the right direction to rid myself of these annoyances please?

HansV
Administrator

Re: HTML messages & windows

Post by HansV »

Are you using Outlook (stand-alone) or Outlook Web Access (in your browser)?
Best wishes,
Hans

Sgte
2StarLounger

Post by Sgte »

Hi Hans, Outlook stand alone

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Sorry to keep asking questions. Are you using a POP3 account or an IMAP account?
Best wishes,
Hans

Sgte
2StarLounger

Post by Sgte »

PoP3 Hans.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I can't find anything relevant about the error message "Web browser unable to download".

You could try creating a new email profile in the Mail control panel. See Create a New Outlook Profile for detailed instructions. Please let us know if that helps.
Best wishes,
Hans

Sgte
2StarLounger

Post by Sgte »

OK thanks Hans. I have now tried the create a new profile; the result is the same as before -it's something to do with download settings as 3/4 browser windows open up! Further thoughts please?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

What is your default browser? If it is not Internet Explorer, try setting Internet Explorer as your default browser temporarily, to see if the problem goes away.
Best wishes,
Hans

Sgte
2StarLounger

Post by Sgte »

Ok Hans, here's the feedback: Having tried to repair my mailbox, deleted profiles, uninstalled Firefox, deleted registry keys "The problem is with your outlook profile - not the pst. to fix, close outlook, run regedit and delete the following reg folder, HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-35785*****-**********-**********-****\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging subsystem\Profile.(stars will be numbers - diifferent on each machine)
Restart outlook, enter the new profile name, close outlook, replace the pst, start outlook, problem solved(hopefully!)" the problem still remained. So I deleted the profile and then retored my pc to 2 days ago. Created a new profile and found that "the problem" has been resolved.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Phew - I'm glad it has been resolved. Thanks for posting back.
Best wishes,
Hans