messages in IMAP folder not visible

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

messages in IMAP folder not visible

Post by stuck »

Our main mail system is Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange. We also have an IMAP account that is used purely as a repository/mail archive, i.e. this account is not included in any send/receives.

There is one person's Outlook client in the office that refuses to display all the messages that are in certain folders within the IMAP account. The most recent ones (less than a month old) are not listed. When other people (including me) select these folders we can all see all the messages that have been filed in there. It is as if the one odd PC is applying some sort of rule that says for certain folders in the IMAP acc only show messages older than about 4 weeks. I cannot find any such filter in Outlook on the misbehaving PC.

Before I resort to removing the IMAP acc from the PC in question and then adding it back and waiting a day while Outlook re-synchronises the massive number of messages across lots & lots of folders does any one have any other suggestions?

Ken
PS I've already tried "start | run | outlook.exe /cleanviews", no joy.

HansV
Administrator

Re: messages in IMAP folder not visible

Post by HansV »

Have you checked the send/receive settings of that user?
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Yes, like everyone else, the IMAP acc is not involved in Send/Rec. Yes too, I've looked at the subscription to the IMAP folders, all folders are subscribed.

It is really weird. I'm sure it is some sort of filter/custom view that's hiding the recent messages these particular IMAP folders but everywhere I've looked for something like that all the settings are the same as in my Outlook and I can see all the messages. :scratch:

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Mysterious - I fear creating a new account or even a new e-mail profile is in this user's future.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

That's my next move but not today! I'll report back once I've been round the remove/add loop.

Thanks,

Ken