Remote Help

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Remote Help

Post by Don Wells »

I have Office 2003 (complete with Outlook 2003), installed on my Desktop computer running XP. I also have a laptop with Office 2007 (excluding Outlook) installed on a Windows 7 system. The two computers are connected to my wireless LAN at home. I am currently using Internet remote mail (http://Rogers.Yahoo.com/mail), to access my mail when using the laptop, but have not been able to access my calendar nor tasks.

Is there any technique which will allow me to interrogate and manipulate the Outlook Calendar files etc. which are located on the XP machine from my Win 7 machine?
Regards
Don

HansV
Administrator

Re: Remote Help

Post by HansV »

Depending on how secure you want/need to be, you could set up a Google Calendar and synchronize it with your Outlook calendar - see Sync with Microsoft Outlook - Google Calendar Help.
Best wishes,
Hans

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Post by Don Wells »

HansV wrote:Depending on how secure you want/need to be, you could set up a Google Calendar and synchronize it with your Outlook calendar - see Sync with Microsoft Outlook - Google Calendar Help.
Thanks Hans
    Rather than stray off the LAN I'll take those stairs down to my desktop. :thankyou:
Regards
Don

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Post by Don Wells »

Don Wells wrote:
HansV wrote:Depending on how secure you want/need to be, you could set up a Google Calendar and synchronize it with your Outlook calendar - see Sync with Microsoft Outlook - Google Calendar Help.
Thanks Hans
    Rather than stray off the LAN I'll take those stairs down to my desktop. :thankyou:
Problem Solved !
    Providing that my XP desktop system is running (which is usually the case), I can access all aspects of its desktop via the Win7 laptop's Remote Desktop capability.
Regards
Don

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks for sharing the solution!
Best wishes,
Hans