How to remove Favorites folder names?

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

How to remove Favorites folder names?

Post by John Gray »

In Outlook 2003, connected to Exchange 2007, I find that my Public Folders seem to have sprouted a couple of Favorites folders, which are entirely empty and so I wish to remove from the display. However, the right-click menu has Delete greyed-out.
Fav.PNG
Is this deletion something I can do in Outlook, or somewhere within Exchange?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: How to remove Favorites folder names?

Post by John Gray »

After a fair bit of research, I've managed to get rid of the second instance, using The contents of the Public Folder Favorites folder are not removed from your offline folder files when you turn off the Download Public Folder Favorites option in Outlook, but not yet the first instance. Probably it needs to stay, even though I have no use for it whatever...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I have an identical looking Favorites folder that is empty and undeletable.

I suspect it is not really a folder, but simply an artifact that Outlook uses to display any folders that you mark as favorites.
StuartR

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

I running Outlook 2010 connected to Exchange 2010 and see Favorites under Public Folders also. The Favorites do NOT show up in the Exchange Management Console. So, I guess they are an Outlook construct. I've no idea how to remove them though.

Joe
Joe