outlook anywhere authentification

billy@kaltirre
Lounger

outlook anywhere authentification

Post by billy@kaltirre »

when we try to use outlook anywhere on this one laptop it constantly asks us for authentification in the proxy settings we untick only connect to proxy servers that have this princible name in their certificate and it seems to work but it keeps re ticking the box by default is there a way to keep it un ticked

HansV
Administrator

Re: outlook anywhere authentification

Post by HansV »

This is outside my field, but it looks like it will have to be solved on the Exchange side - see for example Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate. It's far too technical for me, but perhaps it'll help you.
Best wishes,
Hans

billy@kaltirre
Lounger

Post by billy@kaltirre »

it isnt anything to do with the exchange side we have narrowed it down to certificates but thanks anyway

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm afraid I can't help with that, perhaps someone else will have a useful suggestion.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I am a user of this functionality, but I have no idea how the certificates have been configured.

Reading the various articles about this on the web it looks as though you are correct about it being a certificate issue.
StuartR

billy@kaltirre
Lounger

Post by billy@kaltirre »

the weird thing about the issue is it only happens on this latop so its not really a common issue if you google it its comes up with exchange settings so its a difficult one :P

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Do all of your laptops use client machine certificates? Could there be a problem with this?
StuartR

billy@kaltirre
Lounger

Post by billy@kaltirre »

no the certificates get pushed down from the exchange server

billy@kaltirre
Lounger

Post by billy@kaltirre »

ok i have got it working without the box ticked by ininstalling all windows live software it seems that was conflicting now i need to get it working with the box ticked any suggestions?

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I assume that everything works if you have "Connect using SSL only" ticked, but "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate" clear.
Have you checked that the non-working PC has the correct root certificate for this server certificate? If you have a copy of the server certificate you should be able to find the issuing certificate authority and make sure that this issuing authority certificate is trusted by your client PC.
StuartR