PDF Attachments

silverback
5StarLounger

PDF Attachments

Post by silverback »

I have a colleague who is not good with computers. He uses Outlook 2007 (I'm on Outlook 2003) and received an email with a PDF attachment. This will not download (he's left it for hours but it still wouldn't download).
I'm not easily able to access his computer, so this email is currently blocking access to any newer emails. He doesn't know how to access webmail, either.

Any ideas about what needs to be done to get this PDF email downloaded, please?

Thanks
Silverback

StuartR
Administrator

Re: PDF Attachments

Post by StuartR »

This is unlikely to be anything to do with the fact that this is a PDF attachment.

What kind of email server is this? If it is POP3 or IMAP then does the service provider have a web interface where your colleague can access the email to download and remove the attachment?
StuartR

silverback
5StarLounger

Post by silverback »

StuartR wrote:This is unlikely to be anything to do with the fact that this is a PDF attachment.
What kind of email server is this? If it is POP3 or IMAP then does the service provider have a web interface where your colleague can access the email to download and remove the attachment?
Hi Stuart
I am sure there is a webmail interface but, as I said, he doesn't know how to access webmail and he's reluctant to give me his password so I can have a go.
The reason I think it is to do with PDF is that his email has been working OK with all other types of attachments. I know it's a PDF attachment because I received the same sort of email (the emails contain quotes we both asked for).
He's now got the necessary info because he got the company to send his email to me and I printed off the PDF attachment and sent it to him - but I don't think this is an acceptable, long term, viable solution for his email problems. :laugh:

Silverback

silverback
5StarLounger

Post by silverback »

Sorry to have wasted loungers' time on this. There was no real problem when we talked it through on the phone.
He has all his emails and now, hopefully, some understanding of webmail and the need to check the webmail spam folder.

As for the alleged Outlook hangup when trying to download that particular email - :scratch:

Thanks
Silverback

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

All's well that ends well... :smile:
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger