Dialling a phone number from outlook

StuartR
Administrator

Dialling a phone number from outlook

Post by StuartR »

More than two years ago, on another forum that I used to frequent, I posted a question asking if anyone knew how I could get Outlook to dial a phone number from my contacts, without trying to use Office Communicator which took over the phone dialler function even though it wasn't able to dial phone numbers.

Every few months I have revisited this issue, as I really wanted to get this functionality back, and today I found a Microsoft Knowledge Base Article with the solution. One simple addition to the registry and I am a happy dialler.

So just in case anyone else ever suffers from this problem, here is a link to
On a client computer that is running Office Communicator 2007, you may be unable to make a TAPI call from Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010
StuartR

Goshute
3StarLounger

Re: Dialling a phone number from outlook

Post by Goshute »

Dude, you totally rock! :thumbup:
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Interesting. I haven't had a land line connected to a computer in over 10 years. All of my contacts are stored in my cell phone and sync'd periodically. I don't use Contacts. I only use an address book on the computer for email.

Of course, I'm retired and have been for quite some time now.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I synchronize my phone with Outlook, so that I always have the same phonebook whether I am travelling or at home.
StuartR