Sending from non-default account

jmt356
SilverLounger

Sending from non-default account

Post by jmt356 »

I use Outlook 2003, and I have two accounts. When I send an email from the non-default account, it shows up in that account’s sent items folder. However, the email arrives to the recipient as an email from my default account. Even though I’m sending it from the non-default account, when it arrives to the recipient, the sending email address shows up as my default account. How can I change this so that each email shows up as being sent from the account from which it was sent??
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Sending from non-default account

Post by HansV »

I have several accounts in my Outlook but they all share one Sent Items folder... :scratch:

How are you selecting the account to send from?
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

Let me clarify: they are all going out of the same folder. But I have that folder organized according to accounts. Thus, they show all hte emails sent from my gmail acct. first, then all sent from work acct., etc.

I just restarted the computer and it seems emails are going out of the right account now. Prior, they were all going out from the gmail account for some reason. Now, when I reply to a message from another account, it shows up to the user as coming from that other account, not from the default account.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

OK. Let's hope it'll stay that way.
Best wishes,
Hans