Response To E-Mail Messages

jstevens
GoldLounger

Response To E-Mail Messages

Post by jstevens »

I am having a challenge where I click on reply to an e-mail and the screen appears to shrink similar to "zoom". The font size is correct so I know this is not a problem.

One thing that I can say is I saw an hour glass with what I believe to be a + sign. I must have hit a combination of keystrokes to reduce the appearance. The default setting seems to be reset since I can reply to any e-mail message and have it behave in the same manner.

Any words of wisdom are appreciated,
John
Regards,
John

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Response To E-Mail Messages

Post by StuartR »

When reading a message try holding the Control Key and scrolling with the mouse to get the zoom level you want.
This setting should be sticky so you will only need to do it once.
StuartR

jstevens
GoldLounger

Post by jstevens »

StuartR

That did the trick. I didn't even realize I used the Control Key with the scroll.

Regards,
John
Regards,
John

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

StuartR wrote:When reading a message try holding the Control Key and scrolling with the mouse to get the zoom level you want.
Thanks, I was going to ask this very same question, someone in our office has made their message font go tiny! Is there a way via the menus to change the zoom too? I looked for something like View|Zoom but can't seem to locate anything.

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Which version of Outlook? In Outlook 2007, you can add the Zoom command to the Quick Access Toolbar of the message window.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Yes, Outlook 2007, sorry should have made that clear.

So if I can add it to the QAT, does that mean it is buried in the menu system somewhere?

Ken

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

stuck wrote:...
So if I can add it to the QAT, does that mean it is buried in the menu system somewhere?
In Outlook 2007 I cannot see Zoom in the list of commands that can be added to the quick access toolbar
In Outlook 2010 Zoom is available on the Message tab of the ribbon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Make sure you have selected 'All commands' in the 'Choose commands from:' drop down. Zoom is at the very bottom of the list.

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In Outlook 2007, the Zoom command can be added to the message window ribbon by selecting Format Text Tab (or All Commands) in the Show Commands From dropdown.
x497.png
(The second Zoom command places a Zoom dropdown on the QAT with only one button: Zoom. Rather pointless.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

stuck wrote:So if I can add it to the QAT, does that mean it is buried in the menu system somewhere?
No, it isn't. It's simply not available in the built-in ribbon in Outlook 2007 (apparently it is in Outlook 2007).
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

In case anyone is interested...

The reason I couldn't see the Zoom command in Outlook 2007 is because I was looking in the window for a received email. It only seems to be available in the window for an email that you are editing.

If I go to the "Other Actions" button on a received email and select "Edit Message" then I can add Zoom to the QAT.

In Outlook 2010 the Zoom button is available in any mail window.
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

in other words, this is another one of those 'interesting features' that MS are so fond of :grin:

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

StuartR wrote:The reason I couldn't see the Zoom command in Outlook 2007 is because I was looking in the window for a received email. It only seems to be available in the window for an email that you are editing.
That's strange - the command is available in received messages for me too (without editing them):
x499.png
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Now I am REALLY confused, because the Zoom... is available under All Commands for me too.

I swear it wasn't there when I tried earlier, and that going to Edit Message made it appear.

:igiveup:
StuartR