Can’t Forward A Specific Email From Outlook

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Can’t Forward A Specific Email From Outlook

Post by hlewton »

I’m not looking for a fix for this problem, although that would be great if you know of one, because all I have contacted convinced me it can’t be fixed. It is just what it is. I find that hard to believe. I’d settle for an explanation as to why it is happening if anyone can give me that. I’ll try my best to describe what steps I have taken, all with the same results – I cannot forward a specific email.

My wife and I use the same ISP’s email server- Spectrum Webmail - with email addresses ending with neo.rr.com. I receive emails each month and had been forwarding them to her. The specific email is a Discover Card statement. The statement I just received, I forwarded to her and asked that she look into the charges. I sent it 4 time to her, and she never received it. I then learned she has never received any of the statements I have forwarded to her for the Discover Card statement.

In the past I had setup a Gmail account for her and it forwards emails to her neo.rr.com account. Now the steps I took trying to get this email to reach her.

1. I sent it to her 4 times using Outlook, none even reaching her ISP’s WEBMAIL server. I was signed into it watching to see if it did.
2. I sent and forwarded other emails and they all reached her neo.rr.com account.
3. I called our ISP’s support. He had me send an email from my WEBMAIL server to her email account and it reached her. He was trying to blame Outlook. He concluded there was nothing wrong and wanted me to contact Microsoft.
4. I called the fellow who builds my computers, and he has experienced this same problem but had no solution. His problem was with a digital receipt from a membership store. He said he couldn’t even forward it to himself into another of his email accounts.
5. I sent this statement to her Gmail account it reached that account but would not forward it to her neo.rr.com account.
6. I forwarded other emails to her Gmail account, and it forwarded everyone of them to her neo.rr.com account.
7. I contacted Discover’s technical support. She tried to brush me off with a nonsense explanation believing I’d fall for it. Her explanation was that my wife’s email server probably would not accept emails from Discover or me. We both have the same email server, only with different sign in credentials. This support person couldn’t seem to understand that.
8. I gave up

Any ideas why this is happening. Again, if you have a solution, that would be great. But if not, even an explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Re: Can’t Forward A Specific Email From Outlook

Post by BobArch2 »

Is it possible that her account with the same ISP considers that particular type of statement email as spam? Perhaps she can sign into the ISP via the browser and check the spam folder?

And perhaps you get the statement because you whitelisted the sender?

Just a suggestion...
Regards,
Bob

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

BobArch2 wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 18:21
Is it possible that her account with the same ISP considers that particular type of statement email as spam? Perhaps she can sign into the ISP via the browser and check the spam folder?

And perhaps you get the statement because you whitelisted the sender?

Just a suggestion...
I am able to sign into her WEBMAIL server was in it yesterday to check this out. It does not go to spam or junk, it just never gets to that server at all.

I am not sure what whitelisting means but I get the statement because, and I just asked this yesterday when on the phone with Discover, they told me even though both of our names are on the account, they can only send the statement to one of us. That's me because it is how we set it up years ago. They offered to switch it to her email but but I thought I better not take the chance of not getting any email statement.
Regards,
hlewton

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

I know this does not address your concern why your wife cannot receive the statement, but try this:

1. In the email received on your PC, select File, then Print and print the email as a PDF file saving it to the desktop, unless …
2. If the statement is in the email as an attached PDF then just save the attachment to the desktop.
3. Compose a new email message to your wife and attach the PDF file you just created and/or saved to the desktop.
4. Send the new email.

See if this works. I know it takes extra steps but if it works then there is something buried in that original email that is causing the glitch.
Regards,
Bob

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Now the mystery may have just been solved. I have no idea why this would happen or how it is even possible. None of the emails that were sent with the word discovery in them either as the statement itself or an attachment in the form of a Word document got to her WEBMAIL server yesterday. When I signed into it today it still did not appear in the Inbox but everyone of them was in the Spam folder. They were not there yesterday. So I marked each of them NOT SPAM and sent a new email just now. It put it into the Spam folder again instantly. I am going to have to call the ISP and see how I make the WEBMAIL server recognize these email as not Spam permanently and allow them to go into the Inbox.

Maybe the WEBMAIL was not working correctly yesterday because I know there was nothing in Spam or Junk folders.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

BobArch2 wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 19:05
I know this does not address your concern why your wife cannot receive the statement, but try this:

1. In the email received on your PC, select File, then Print and print the email as a PDF file saving it to the desktop, unless …
2. If the statement is in the email as an attached PDF then just save the attachment to the desktop.
3. Compose a new email message to your wife and attach the PDF file you just created and/or saved to the desktop.
4. Send the new email.

See if this works. I know it takes extra steps but if it works then there is something buried in that original email that is causing the glitch.
I didn't do exactly this but I copied it and created a Word document from it. Even that did not forward. I am on the phone now, as we speak, with my ISP discussing the matter as I posted in the post above. Something is worng there.
Regards,
hlewton

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Whitelisting may be the solution.

Login to your ISP's mail server… your wife's account. Look for a feature called whitelisting where you would be able to enter the Discovery's address used to send statements. As an added process, add your email address. If successful, future statements should not encounter the spam process.
Regards,
Bob

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

BobArch2 wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 19:30
Whitelisting may be the solution.

Login to your ISP's mail server… your wife's account. Look for a feature called whitelisting where you would be able to enter the Discovery's address used to send statements. As an added process, add your email address. If successful, future statements should not encounter the spam process.
OK, I'll look.
Regards,
hlewton

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

I was writing my last reply and did not see your reply about today's event where you discovered the wife's emails showing up in the spam folder. I would be interested in finding out how your ISP resolves the issue to your satisfaction.
Regards,
Bob

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

BobArch2 wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 19:36
I was writing my last reply and did not see your reply about today's event where you discovered the wife's emails showing up in the spam folder. I would be interested in finding out how your ISP resolves the issue to your satisfaction.
WOW, I just submitted a reply to this post and it did not post. I'll try again.

Just got off the phone with Spectrum's support. She had no explanation why this was happening. There were 8 other emails that ended up in my wife's Spam folder in the WEBMAIL'S server. I marked them as Not Spam and will deal with them if they ever end up in the Spam folder again. To "fix" my problem, she did, what I think was mentioned above when white listing was mentioned, she added my email address to what Spectrum calls a "Safe Sender List." I am able to send that Discover statement to her. Before all this, everything I sent her, she received so there is no explanation why the statement did not get to her.
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

My experience is that Spectrum support is pretty much useless. A couple of years ago they changed their email software. After that, you could not delete any automatically forwarded email. I had that set for many years as my wife and I use different email addresses now. There was a significant problem getting all emails forwarded too. They had no clue. Since then, I've tried to stop using that email address. Now and again, we both still run into people and websites that have the old addresses. Changing your email address is a huge pain.
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP, I ran into a circumstance about 9 or 10 months ago where a program I paid for was sending out messages telling us that we were entitled to a program update. I became aware of this quite by accident since I was not getting the messages. This company, Mastercook, uses another company called Zendesk to send out these email notices. Zendesk had made the decision to stop sending emails to anyone with a Road Runner address or domain. That happens to be what mine is. Road Runner was taken over by Spectrum a few years ago. Road Runner was owned by Time Warner and though its technical support was terrible, Spectrum’s is even worse. I had to give Mastercook my Gmail address in order to receive notices about anything sent out by Zendsek and to get support, since Zendesk also runs that for them.

At the time, and though I wasn’t sure I wanted it or even knew anything about it, I called Spectrum to see about setting up an IMAP email account instead of the POP one I now have. My thinking was that it would have an extension of something to do with Spectrum instead of the rr.com I now have. I was told it was not possible for me to have an IMAP account with them since I was a “Legacy” customer, whatever that means to them. It made and still makes no sense to me that they cannot give me an IMAP Account.

Also, years ago, when I joined Netflix in 2007, they too could not send emails to my rr.com account. That is when I set up a Gmail account and just have Netflix send messages there and then they forwarded to my rr.com account, which I consider my primary account.

If there were another ISP in my area that had the Internet speed I get from Spectrum, I’d switch in a heartbeat, but there isn’t even anything close. So, I am stuck with them and all their problems. I also have my phone, TV, and mobile with them and all of them have problems, especially my TV and its DVR service.
Regards,
hlewton

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Many years ago I separated my email service provider from my ISP. I bought my own domain so that I can move my email address to another service provider if I ever need/want to.
StuartR

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

StuartR wrote:
14 Sep 2022, 20:02
Many years ago I separated my email service provider from my ISP. I bought my own domain so that I can move my email address to another service provider if I ever need/want to.
Not that I'd want to, but I wouldn't have any idea how to do that.
Regards,
hlewton

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

hlewton wrote:
14 Sep 2022, 21:33
A quick search for email service provider with domain name, led me to https://www.techradar.com/news/best-email-provider which is a pretty good starting place
StuartR

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Have read at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/out ... 3704a2f565
Some banks and etc. are blocking the forwarding emails, it can be done as note above.
There are all kinds of hits on blocking the forwarding of emails.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

StuartR wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 10:01
hlewton wrote:
14 Sep 2022, 21:33
A quick search for email service provider with domain name, led me to https://www.techradar.com/news/best-email-provider which is a pretty good starting place
Thanks for the information.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

DaveA wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 12:16
Have read at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/out ... 3704a2f565
Some banks and etc. are blocking the forwarding emails, it can be done as note above.
There are all kinds of hits on blocking the forwarding of emails.
Thanks DaveA for that information. My statement had nothing like that on it. But that link is still interesting.
Regards,
hlewton