xvidcore.dll not found

AlanMiller
BronzeLounger

xvidcore.dll not found

Post by AlanMiller »

Under Outlook 2003 (XP Pro) when I attempt to add an attachment to a post, the file select dialog appears, followed closely by a "xvidcore.dll not found". This then results in a problem with Word and a frozen computer. I have searched for a solution but it seems everybody only wants to flog me a registry cleaner - I don't believe there are registry errors/issues involved. Anybody know of an answer to this, which appears to be a not uncommon problem?

thanks
Alan

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: xvidcore.dll not found

Post by stuck »

Can't offer any help with your missing dll but, at least in Outlook 2007, you can bypass the need for the file select dialog by simply dragging the file you wish to attach from Explorer and dropping it into the body of your email message and it will get added to the 'Attached' list.

Does this help?

Ken

AlanMiller
BronzeLounger

Re: xvidcore.dll not found

Post by AlanMiller »

Thanks Ken. I actually solved it easily... last thing I tried of course! The file had just mysteriously vanished from System32. I copied one from elsewhere and it solved the problem. So many of these idiot sites on the web were trying to sell me registry thingos, that I was convinced it must be a registry issue. No idea how/why it disappeared - no sign in the recycle bin. Oh well....

Alan