Creating a vcard (vcf file) From Outlook

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Creating a vcard (vcf file) From Outlook

Post by hlewton »

Apparently, I need to create vcard.vcf file in order to import all my Outlook contacts into my ISP’s Webmail server. I cannot find how to create a vcard. From the little I have been able to find on the Internet it appears I may need to purchase a program called MessageSave to do this. I did try importing a CSV file to my Webserver but it no longer recognizes that file format.

How can I create a vcard file of all my contacts using Office 365’s latest version of Outlook?

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Creating a vcard (vcf file) From Outlook

Post by HansV »

You can forward the contacts as vcards in an email message to yourself. Then download the attachment.
See Share contacts as vCards
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thank you.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I have done all the steps in the link above. I have all my contacts created with a vcf extension and that format will import to my webmail account. However, it has to be done as individual contacts. The information I have for importing contacts says I should be able to Upload the vcard. vcf file that contains your contacts. I have well over 200 contacts and right now they are all attached to emails that I could send to myself but they are in a lot of different emails because I could not get them to create just 1 email using all the contacts. To test that I could upload these files, I saved the vcf files, 10 of them so far, in a folder on my hard drive and, as mentioned, I can upload them individually. How can I make all of them into one vcard.vcf file to upload as shown in the bold sentence above?
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I hope that someone else knows.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Using Manual Technique to Convert Excel to VCF
You must first do an Excel to CSV conversion, then import contacts from the CSV file, and then export contacts to the vCard file.

I found the above information but am still having no luck. The steps I did are:

1. In Outlook I exported the Contacts to a Contact.CSV file.
2. I opened the Outlook CSV file in Excel. Not sure what it means above when it says, “You must first do an Excel to CSV conversion” or “then import contacts from the CSV file.”
3. I then tried to Export the contacts to a vCard file. (There was no vCard.vcf file choice.

In trying to use the Manual Technique to Convert Excel to VCF noted above, what am I not doing correctly to get that **vCard option?
Regards,
hlewton