Sync to Google Calendar

jstevens
GoldLounger

Sync to Google Calendar

Post by jstevens »

I'm looking for a recommendation of 3rd party (free) software that would sync my Google Calendar to Outlook (2013 64-bit). I have been using gSyncit but it is time to find an alternate program. Years ago Outlook had a built in feature that did exactly this.

As the synchronization happens the calendar event(s)s out be removed from the Outlook calendar if the event was deleted; either in Outlook or Google calendar.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Regards,
John

HansV
Administrator

Re: Sync to Google Calendar

Post by HansV »

I don't have a recommendation (I use only one calendar), but see 7 Tools to Sync Microsoft Outlook With Google Calendar
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

jstevens wrote:I have been using gSyncit but it is time to find an alternate program.
Just out of interest, what is wrong with gSyncit? I have been using it for a few years now and it works very well for me.
StuartR

jstevens
GoldLounger

Post by jstevens »

StuartR,

I was using the free gSyncit Ver4 and upgraded to 5. The bi-directional push to the Google Calendar was disabled in the free version. Migrated from MSOffice 32 bit to 64 bit.

Update: I found my 64 bit Ver4 MSI and reinstalled the software. The bi-directional push is still in Ver4 ie no need to update to Ver5.
Regards,
John

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Thanks John. I was happy to pay the £16 per computer for gSyncit because I find it so useful, but each to their own.
StuartR