Having problem setting up new account

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Having problem setting up new account

Post by ABabeNChrist »

I have already set up an account using my hotmail address and it works great, but I cannot seem to add my business email. My personal business email account is through yahoo. As I went through the set up process and on the Add new email account dialog / Server information I entered POP3 as account type. Then on incoming mail server I used pop. With last part of email address, then on the outgoing I used smtp. With last part of email address.
So now when I select next after all info has been entered and new dialog appears saying congratulations you have successfully entered all the information required. I see the new email address in my account settings but not on the main outlook page
:hairout:

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Re: Having problem setting up new account

Post by ABabeNChrist »

I did found a web site that was able to help. At the present moment it seems to be operating OK
the web site I found was http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/smallb ... eg-18.html
I will count this thread as mystery solved. :clapping:

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

What version of Outlook are you using?

When in a NEW email, you should see a "Accounts" icon and you should be able to select which account will be used to SEND the new email.

As for email, it should ALL go into you "Inbox", at least that is where ALL of my pop3 incoming email goes. I do have NOT made an "Account" folders and do not run any rules to send different messages to different folders.
Last edited by DaveA on 18 Aug 2010, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

Hi DaveA
I'm using Outlook 2007
I'm now able to send an email using my yahoo bussness account as long as it is set for default. But I see no reference/ folder named inside my outlook refering to my bussiness account. :scratch:
I have one for my other account....

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Outlook doesn't create different folders for different accounts. All incoming mail will go to your Inbox and all sent messages will be stored in Sent Items.
You can create new folders yourself, and set up a rule to move items when they come in, depending on the address they have been sent to, and similarly, set up a rule to move items after they have been sent depending on the account. See Tools | Rules and Alerts...

When you start a new e-mail message, there should be an Account dropdown as DaveA mentioned:
x291.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

Thank you Hans and DaveA
Getter gotter gooood.....