Use formated text and graphics as an Outlook 2010 signature

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Use formated text and graphics as an Outlook 2010 signature

Post by Peter Kinross »

I have used a signature in Outlook before. It consists of formatted text and 2 graphics.
I want to change one of the graphics, but it is proving quite difficult.
I think last time I did it, I just pasted the whole signature from Word into a new email body, highlighted it and set a new signature.
I must be mistaken as this won't work now.
Alternatively, if I paste the whole sig from Word into a new signature in the Outlook signature setup window, only the formatted text gets pasted. If I then select a graphic and paste that into the signature in the Outlook signature setup window, it pastes perfectly, but cannot be moved.
The only option I seem to be left with is to paste the whole sig as a graphic into the sig setup window . This gives a poor signature.
So I'm stumped. Anyone know how to have text and graphics into an Outlook signature?
Avagr8day, regards, Peter

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Use formated text and graphics as an Outlook 2010 signat

Post by StuartR »

Using the latest version of Outlook I just tested this with my company logo and formatted text and it works fine. I created the signature in an email message and then pasted it into the box where you create signatures. I have done this in the past with Outlook 2010 too.

Could it be an issue with the particular graphic you are using?
StuartR

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

As an alternative, you could use the AutoCorrect function:

1. Open a new, blank email
2. Create the text and graphic you require
3. Select the text and graphic
4. File > Options > Spelling and Autocorrect... > Autocorrect Options...
5. Ensure the 'Replace text as you type' option is ticked
6. Enter the shortcut text you want replaced in the 'Replace' field, using something you wouldn't normally type, such as "sigx". (The selected text and graphic should be in the 'With' field.)
7. OK out.

Test by typing in (e.g.) "sigx" and the text and graphic should appear in your email.

I prefer this method as I can quickly enter variations on my signature simply by typing in differing shortcuts.

* I think the graphic may need to be formatted as "In line with text".
** Check what the result looks like in a plain text formatted email - it may be horrible
Leif

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Peter,
Make sure that you are NOT in the Plain text signature, it will accept ONLY text?
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Post by Peter Kinross »

Uh oh. I think it was working all along.
When I pasted into the sig setup area, the graphics did not show, so I thought that they hadn't pasted. I didn't even try to insert that signature into an email. I just had a go at inserting it and viola a wonderful signature. Opening up the sig setup area, the graphics still aren't visible there though.
So alls well, sorry to have troubled you all. Quite impressed with the feedback.
Avagr8day, regards, Peter