Outlook 2016 Contacts (People) Filing

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Outlook 2016 Contacts (People) Filing

Post by hlewton »

All my machines are running the latest Win 10 updates and Office 2016 32 Bit version. On one of them when I create a new contact (People) it wants to file it as First, Last but I tell it to file Last, First and I do have the contacts sorted Last, First in the Outlook profile. On the other 2 machines, when creating a new contact the default is Last, First but I can’t find a way to make this machine do that as a default. In addition the other machines add a comma between the name and this one does not. How can I make the Last, First adding the comma between the names the default?

Also on this same machine when I add this new contact to a group, even though I have forced it to file Last, First, it adds the contact to the Group alphabetized opposite of how the other 2 machines add it. Why, and can that be corrected?
Regards,
hlewton

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: Outlook 2016 Contacts (People) Filing

Post by DaveA »

If this is the same machine that you are having of the Mail App vs. Outlook issues, then I would say they are related.
See your other thread for my input.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

DaveA wrote:If this is the same machine that you are having of the Mail App vs. Outlook issues, then I would say they are related.
See your other thread for my input.
I'll look at the other thread but they are not the same machines. Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:Does Change how contacts are sorted help?
Thank you but I have tried all of this and it still seems to do what it wants. I can get it to be listed the way I want it to in the list of contacts and that works well except I now, on this one machine, have to click the "File As" each time and even manually insert the comma. But when I add this contact to the "Group Contact" list, it is listed First Name, Last Name which is directly opposite from what all the other contacts are listed even on the machine I have this problem on. That is what is confusing and I cant seem to find an answer.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I thought I would eventually get this one figured out and today I stumbled on the answer. In the attachment you can see how what is circled in red is set now. Before today it was set Last First and for some reason that made the difference in the way the contact was filed and it is now filing it exactly as I wanted and expected it to do. I know this is my fault for not being as observant as I should be between machines but there is just so much to check out it taxes my brain anymore.
Untitled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks!
Best wishes,
Hans