Calendar display order

Rudi
gamma jay

Calendar display order

Post by Rudi »

Hi,

I have a question from a PA at my work. She deals with several persons calendars (shared calendars). She has asked me if there is a way to order these calendars in a very specific order. Having "played" around in my Outlook session, I have discovered that calendars I add into my navigation pane can be arranged top to bottom, and these display left to right in the multi-calendar view, even if I close and reopen Outlook. However, if the calendars are shared calendars, as in her case, she arranges them but the moment she closes and reopens Outlook, they back to a default order again.

This is what her screenshot looks like...
(Each colour is a different persons calendar...)
Cal.jpg
My questions:
1. What constitutes a shared calendar default order?
2. Can it be modified to a user custom order -- and if so, how?

In my searching I did find this article from MSOutlook.info that informs that one can create a custom calendar group, and drag calendars into this group and get a lot of benefits and control. I will have this person give it a try and if I'm lucky it could be a resolution, but if anyone has additional advice to share or a solution you know works, I'll be grateful.

TX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Calendar display order

Post by HansV »

A custom calendar group is what I use at work to keep a series of shared calendars in the order that I prefer...
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

It sounds promising then...
TX for the info.
Regards,
Rudi

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Wow... I just discovered that one does not need to build a new group from scratch; as in create the group and then have to individually drag and drop the calendars you want into the group. If the calendars are already active in your view, you can simply get Outlook to create a new group from the current active calendars. This is going to be helpful.
Image 001.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi