Help! Can't find a subfolder

matthewR
5StarLounger

Help! Can't find a subfolder

Post by matthewR »

I created a sub folder under a main folder. I opened the main folder and clicked on an email. I right clicked and picked the option to "move to folder". I clicked on the plus sign next to my main folder and there was my sub folder. I moved the email to the sub folder and now I don't know how to get to the sub folder to get my email. I need to get to the email I moved there - help.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Help! Can't find a subfolder

Post by HansV »

In the folder tree on the left hand side, expand the main folder by clicking on the + to the left to it.
x158.png
Then click on the name of the subfolder to select it. You should then see the message(s) in the subfolder.
x160.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

If you still remember some details about the message that you moved, such as the subject, you can search for it:
x161.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

matthewR
5StarLounger

Post by matthewR »

There isn't a plus sign next to my main folder. Maybe I did something wrong when I created the subfolder. It doesn't look like a folder icon for the subfolder.
image001.jpg
Last edited by HansV on 04 Jun 2010, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to replace Word document with the image that it contained

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The icon of the Final Monthly Spreadsheets folder is that of a folder for contact items, not a folder for mail and post items.
When you move a mail message to a contact folder, Outlook should display a dialog to create a new contact. If you canceled this dialog, the mail message may have been moved to the Deleted Items folder - take a look there.

You should create a new subfolder, and make sure that it is for mail and post items:
x162.png
Best wishes,
Hans

matthewR
5StarLounger

Post by matthewR »

Thank you - it was in the deleted items. I created a new folder (the correct way) and moved it there. Thank you very much.