Outlook and Skype

GARYPSWANSON
Lounger

Outlook and Skype

Post by GARYPSWANSON »

Our company recently switched from Lotus Notes and Sametime to Outlook and Skype (Outlook 2013 and Skype for Business 2015).

One feature of Lotus Notes and Sametime that was liked was having Sametime (IM) on the right side of the screen with Lotus Notes on the remainder.

Is there a way to make Outlook and Skype appear to be one application where Skype is on the right side of the screen? Thanks, Gary
Regards,

Gary

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Outlook and Skype

Post by Rudi »

Since they are two separate applications, you'd have to tile them as windows. Scanning the web I did come across Skylook which apparently binds them together.
See this For Dummies article with links to Skylook.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Hi, Gary!

Not as far as I know, but you can arrange the windows side by side, of course. And there is some integration between Outlook and Skype - it should be possible to call a contact on Skype directly from Outlook.
Best wishes,
Hans

GARYPSWANSON
Lounger

Post by GARYPSWANSON »

Hans and Rudi,

Thanks for the quick response. I will have to check out Skylook. I tried arranging the windows side by side but do not like the way it looks. There is integration between the two systems and it appears to work well. It is just going to take some time to get used to it. Thanks again.
Regards,

Gary