Outlook 2013 - automating a reply email

MelanieB
3StarLounger

Outlook 2013 - automating a reply email

Post by MelanieB »

Our call center wants a standard email they can use when replying to customers who need specific information.
So, if an email is requesting information about our SFTP site, the call center can reply to the message, click a button and have the body of the email (with hyperlinks) say something specific (I made a quick part for this already) and also attach a specific file.

I tried a custom form, but that was the wrong rabbit hole to go down.
I tried using QuickParts, but that doesn't do the attachment.
I tried QuickSteps, but that doesn't do HTML so the hyperlinks don't work.
I tried a template, but that's a lot of steps for them to go through even after I added the Choose Form button to the QAT - they still had 4 clicks to pick the template and open it, and then copy/paste the email address from the original email because it opens a new email. They want to reply so they don't have to copy/paste the customer's email address.

So, is there any code that I could use for a macro to use the template I made as a reply?
Or code to do the whole thing? Reply, include the body text with hyperlinks, and attach the document.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Outlook 2013 - automating a reply email

Post by HansV »

Off the cuff, I'd say that this is best done through VBA code.
Best wishes,
Hans

PJ_in_FL
5StarLounger

Post by PJ_in_FL »

Try using customized signatures. All the information you mentioned can be added to a signature. Open a new email or a reply to an email, then select the signature based on the information the rep wants to send. I don't know the size limitation but I've see some pretty elaborate signatures.
PJ in (usually sunny) FL

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

PJ_in_FL wrote:Try using customized signatures.
That's given me some ideas - thanks!
Leif

PJ_in_FL
5StarLounger

Post by PJ_in_FL »

I find them easier to use than draft copies. If you try to reuse a draft but accidentally send it, it's GONE!
PJ in (usually sunny) FL

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I use drafts quite a lot, and although I agree with you PJ that one has to be careful not to send it, I've developed a habit to forward off the draft, which sets up a copy of it to send, and keeps the original intact in the drafts folder.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.