Changing the day on which AutoArchive runs

jmt356
SilverLounger

Changing the day on which AutoArchive runs

Post by jmt356 »

I want my AutoArchive to run every 14 days, but I want it to run on a different day of the week than that on which it is currently running. I see where in the AutoArchive dialogue where to change how often to run AutoArchive (currently set for every 14 days). However, I do not see where I can set on which day it runs. Is this possible?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Changing the day on which AutoArchive runs

Post by HansV »

Try running AutoArchive once manually on the day of the week you want it to start.
In Outlook 2007 or earlier, select File | Archive...; in Outlook 2010, select File | Cleanup Tools | Archive...
Select "Archive all folders according to their AutoArchive settings", then click OK.
AutoArchive should run every 14 days from the day you ran it manually from then on.

(Alternatively, you could set a registry value but that is tricky)
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I have "Do not archive items in this folder" selected for Tasks and Memos. Will following the steps that you have outlined cause my tasks and memos to be archived?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

No. Since you have "Do not archive items in this folder" set for those two folders, the action "Archive all folders according to their AutoArchive settings" will skip those folders.
Best wishes,
Hans