AutoArchive doesn't

Egg 'n' Bacon
5StarLounger

AutoArchive doesn't

Post by Egg 'n' Bacon »

Just had a conversation with our contracted IT fella, and he tells me I have thousands of e-mails on the server. This surprised me, as I had the AutoArchive set to anything in the last 12 months, but after digging about, I found stuff from 2009!

So having looked at different help things, it seems that Outlook might be archiving anything that was modified as opposed to the actual date of sending/receiving. Only the bug fix didn't work.

Any ideas?

HansV
Administrator

Re: AutoArchive doesn't

Post by HansV »

Make sure that AutoArchive has been turned on for your e-mail folders.
Here is an example of a folder for which AutoArchive has been disabled:
S076.png
And another folder that uses the default AutoArchive settings as defined in Outlook Options:
S077.png
You can also archive items manually. In Outlook 2007 and earlier: File | Archive...; in Outlook 2010: File | Info | Cleanup Tools | Archive...
You can archive all folders according to their AutoArchive settings, or you can archive all items older than a specified date.
S078.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Autoarchive works on date modified. If emails are being updated in some way within the Autoarchive time frame they will not be archived.

Joe
Joe

Egg 'n' Bacon
5StarLounger

Post by Egg 'n' Bacon »

That's the ticket!

Thank you Hans; that was the missing option.