Outlook posers 2

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Outlook posers 2

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello again. My last day and hopefully the last questions pushing my Outlook knowledge!

1) In Outlook 2003 how can this lady create an "Outlook Address Book"? I went in to the Address Book, File New Entry, but she wasn't allowed to create. But she already has a number of groups and she says she did this previously.
2) Is it possible in 2003 to create a "distribution list within a distribution list"? My suspicion is, it expands to the full list of names.
3) Is it possible to (Outlook 2007) to change the overall font/appearance of buttons etc.? I know we can change the email font, and screen resolution..

Lastly (and this is annoying me, but I'm sure straight-forward) how can I sort tasks BY TASK; that is, by the subject of the task? It doesn't appear as an option when I click the bar above the list - which seems bizarre??

Thanks again, Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Outlook posers 2

Post by HansV »

1) Create contacts in a subfolder of Contacts.
Right-click the folder and select Properties.
Activate the Outlook Address Book tab.
Tick the check box "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book".
Click OK.
2) I don't have Outlook 2003 to test this.
3) Not as far as I know.
x) When I try to sort tasks by task subject in Outlook 2010, I get an error message "You cannot sort by this field".
Solution: remove the Task Subject column and replace it with the Subject column. The contents are exactly the same, but you can sort on Subject.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

In case this is what you meant by buttons (and panes)...

If you right click the buttons in the nav. pane and choose options, you can access the properties, you can change the fonts for these too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Great, thanks to both Rudi and Hans again :cheers:. What a wonderful thing is the Internet :)
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Aarrgh, I should have said I'll help with anything except Outlook :)

In Outlook 2003, or later, if Word is being used as you email editor is it possible to Track Changes? That is, for an email that you are editing. The guy says that he has seen it in Outlook 2007..?

I don't think it possible personally?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Even with Word as mail editor, track changes is not possible (it isn't present in Outlook 2007/2010 either). An e-mail message can't contain the meta-information needed for track changes, and moreover, you don't know which e-mail client the recipient will be using.
Best wishes,
Hans

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

HansV wrote:Even with Word as mail editor, track changes is not possible (it isn't present in Outlook 2007/2010 either). An e-mail message can't contain the meta-information needed for track changes, and moreover, you don't know which e-mail client the recipient will be using.
Thanks for the prompt reply @Hans. Didn't think so - he must have been making it up!!

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

No...I have not seen this done and doubt it is possible. Outlook does not have a native tracking facility.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

As a workaround, you can send a Word document with tracked changes as an attachment.
Best wishes,
Hans

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

HansV wrote:As a workaround, you can send a Word document with tracked changes as an attachment.
Thank you.