Spell-checking disappears

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Spell-checking disappears

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello. Outlook 2003.

A lady's spell-checking wavvvy-lines (sic.) disappear when creating emails. I suggested it is because she is replying to an email that was created as plain text.
Is there a simple way to reply to an email as Word..?

Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Spell-checking disappears

Post by HansV »

Does she have an automatic signature? If so, what happens if she temporarily turns it off?
Best wishes,
Hans

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

HansV wrote:Does she have an automatic signature? If so, what happens if she temporarily turns it off?
Intriguing question? I shall ask her tomorrow.

Ta, Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

HansV wrote:Does she have an automatic signature? If so, what happens if she temporarily turns it off?
I feel silly asking without knowing why.. I'm assuming that having a signature might convert the email to HTML format,
thus disabling the Word spell-checking feature?

Am I correct to suggest that if she replies to a (plain) text email it will also default to plain text? Andy.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

When I searched Google for this problem, I found a suggestion that having a signature may interfere with spell checking.

By default, a reply to a message will be in the same format (HTML, Rich Text or Plain Text) as the original message, unless the user has ticked the option to "Read all standard mail in plain text".
Best wishes,
Hans

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Thank you Hans.