Outlook 2003 - Remove Menu Item

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Outlook 2003 - Remove Menu Item

Post by hlewton »

menu.JPG
In the above screen shot I have circled a menu item I want to permanently remove. I have tried customizing it and choosing delete. It removes it but after closing Outlook and reopening it, it reappears. What am I doing wrong and how do I make sure it does not reappear when opening Outlook?

In this case I think I know what caused it to appear to begin with. The other day when I tried to visit my Hotmail account I was convinced I needed to install some software that Microsoft wanted me to. Since then this has been happening. I'm really not sure what all was installed besides something called Silverlight. I thought I was installing software that would allow me to open Microsoft documents I have saved in Microsoft's SkyDrive. But I'd rather have to download the file and open it with my computer's software than have this installation screw around with my Outlook setup and who knows what else. If there is no way to permanently remove this menu item do you suppose doing a restore to a point before I installed that software would correct it for me?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Outlook 2003 - Remove Menu Item

Post by HansV »

Open the Add or Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Programs and Features control panel (Windows Vista / 7).
Look for "Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector 32-bit" or similar in the list of installed programs.
Select it, and click Remove (or Uninstall, I don't know the exact wording).
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Outlook 2003 - Remove Menu Item

Post by hlewton »

That worked. Thank you.
Regards,
hlewton