Embedded Photos In Outlook 2003 & Outlook 2010

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Embedded Photos In Outlook 2003 & Outlook 2010

Post by hlewton »

I mostly use Outlook 2003 but my problem exists in Outlook 2010 too because I tested the last email I got with the about to be described problem. It is mostly from one ISP and one person but on a very rare occasion it has happened with one other person’s email and a different ISP.

From mostly this one person on emails where there are supposed to be embedded photos they do not show up within the body of the text. Often times they are at the top of the email as attachments but when each photo has its own description it is difficult to read that description and then try to open the correct attachment.

So why would the photos not appear as they are supposed to in the body of the text? Is there some setting in Outlook I may be missing which will solve this problem or is it, as I kind of suspect, the fault of the sender’s ISP? If the latter is the case what can be done about that, if anything?

Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Embedded Photos In Outlook 2003 & Outlook 2010

Post by HansV »

Could it be a security setting? For example, in Outlook 2010, select File | Options, then click Trust Center > Trust Center Settings... > Automatic Download, there is a series of check boxes that may be relevant:
x1123.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Not sure about 2010 yet but checked similar options in Outlook 2003 and don't see any reason the pictures are not viewable. The settings look very much like your picture above. Again I wonder why it is only or almost only from the one person and one ISP.

Thanks Hans.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

It is possible that the sender's e-mail program or ISP converts embedded images to attachments.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I have no idea but I'll try to see if she can find out. The problem is she is well over 80 years old and understands very little when I question her about anything having to do with her computer. She relies a lot on her daughter who I have little confidence in. If she didn't live 1500 miles away I think I maybe would look at her computer for her but that isn't even a possibility. Once I asked her what her email client was and she couldn't even answer me that so I'm not sure I'll be able to get an answer from her at all. Maybe if I just ask her to forward the question to her ISP; she may be able to do that. Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton