Contact Groups in Outlook

silverback
5StarLounger

Contact Groups in Outlook

Post by silverback »

I use Office 365 Outlook to hold email accounts from TalkTalk and Gmail. As far as I can tell, everything is working OK.
I am in the process of moving, and so need to email everyone with details of the new property, phone numbers etc. I'd like to use a contact group - because recipients can't see other email addresses - but setting one up seems very restrictive. I've exported all my contacts to a .csv file and can manipulate that to create all the people and emails that I need to contact but I can't find any way of importing all these recipients into a group. The only way to create a group seems to be to select one individual at a time from the contacts list and use Add Member - mind bogglingly slow.

Is there a way to create a group with lots of recipients in one go?

If not . . .
Suppose I put lots of email addresses in the BCC field. Is that accepted protocol, and how many would be sensible per email?
No wonder moving is regarded as so stressful. :hairout:
Silverback

HansV
Administrator

Re: Contact Groups in Outlook

Post by HansV »

Can you hold down Ctrl or Shift to select multiple contacts, and then click Add Member?
Best wishes,
Hans

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

If you click on 'New Contact group, and then click on 'Add Members':

x.jpg

You get to a screen listing all your contacts.

If you go down the list, double-clicking each one you want to add, they will appear in the "Members" field at the bottom.

Does that work for you?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leif

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

When you come to send out your email, with your group in the Bcc: field,I recommend adding your own email address in the To: field.
This should prevent the sent email being rejected by the recipient for not having a valid destination address.
Leif

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

This worked in a test I just did using the latest Outlook 365 - New Contact Group, name the group, Click Add Members | From Outlook Contacts. Then multi-select the contacts you want using CTRL or Shift click, click the Members button in the dialog box, click OK. Add more if you wish or save the new group.
Joe

silverback
5StarLounger

Post by silverback »

Perfect. Huge thanks to all.
Silverback
:chocciebar: :thankyou: :chocciebar: